Monday, August 7, 2006

Eros the Arrow Boy (Eli the Barrow Boy, Colin Meloy)

The following is a parody of the Decemberists' Eli the Barrow Boy, which sounds like one of the oldest songs I've parodied but is actually one of the newest. Posting that last parody of a song Clay Aiken sang put me in mind of my favorite hip young crooner of old standards. I might not be quite this far gone, but I certainly consider myself a Claymate...

Eros the Arrow Boy

Eros the arrow boy
Of the old myths
Spurns pants and spreads romance.
See his prey kiss
All down the day.

Above the city roofs,
He is shooting,
And few are Eros-proof.
He's a cute thing
All down the day.

Would he could come back
And get my love to woo me.
How I wish that I
Could help him find a way!
Till that time, while he
Is still a stranger to me,
I'll sit here and daydream about Clay.
I'll sit here and daydream about Clay.

Eros the arrow boy,
Be an angel.
You would bring me such joy
If you changed his
Hallowed heart today.

He'll say that he is mine.
I won't argue.
Slip that into your design.
Though it's hard,
You must find a way!

Would you could come back
And get my love to love me.
How I wish that I
Could help you find a way!
Till that time, I'll search
The sunny skies above me
While I sit here and daydream about Clay.
I'll sit here and daydream about Clay.


No comments:

Post a Comment