Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Small Boy and the Puzzled Shrink (Do You Hear What I Hear?, Noel Regney / Gloria Shayne Baker)

Since we went to see Lady in the Water, I'm on a bit of a Shyamalan kick, so here's a Sixth Sense parody to the tune of the Christmas carol Do You Hear What I Hear?

The Small Boy and the Puzzled Shrink

Said the small boy to the puzzled shrink,
"Do you see what I see?
Hanging in the hall, puzzled shrink?
Do you see what I see?
A ghost, a ghost! They are everywhere!
Could you get them out of my hair?
Could you get them out of my hair?"

Said the puzzled shrink, working all alone,
"Do you hear what I hear?
Am I going nuts all alone?
Do you hear what I hear?
A voice, a voice with a ragged plea.
I am hearing what Cole can see.
I am hearing what Cole can see."

The enlightened shrink told his troubled charge,
"Do you know what I know?
Cowering in fear, troubled charge?
Do you know what I know?
Your help, your help. That is all they want.
If you give it, they will not haunt.
If you give it, they will not haunt."

Said the boy to his doting, worried Mom,
"Listen to what I say!
Hear my secret now, worried Mom.
Listen to what I say!
Grandma, Grandma visits me at night.
I see ghosts, but that is all right.
I see ghosts, but that is all right."

No comments:

Post a Comment