Friday, September 1, 2006

He's a Villain (Rhymes and Reasons, John Denver)

Here's another parody about Lex Luthor, pertaining specifically to the episode Shattered in the third season and to the tune of Rhymes and Reasons.

He's a Villain

So you speak to me of madness,
And you claim my mind is splintered.
Fear is deep within you now
That I'm at my wit's end.

And it seems I must escape you
If you think that I've turned rotten,
But in truth, I really need you now.
Don't you know you're my best friend?

And that place Dad wants me going...
It's a crime! Yes, it is treason!
I'd go after him except
Then I fear I would begin
To be a cold, unfeeling villain
With an endless lust for power just like him.

He's a villain, and his power
Never made him a good father.
My life was filled with loneliness
Until that fateful day
I met you. I never doubted
He would always cause me pain, so
If you care about my future,
Don't let him put me away.

Well, I know my world would crumble
If my father's cronies found us.
It's hard to sit here waiting
When I know they're after me!

Oh, he thinks that he's so clever,
And he's sure he can deceive us,
But you've known right from the start
The sort of man he'll always be.
He has never been worth trusting;
Clark, I'm certain you can see

He's a villain. All his power
Never made him a good father.
My life was filled with loneliness
Until that fateful day
That you saved me. Now I'm clinging
To the hope that you believe me.
Please don't let him find us.
Save my life again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment